Windows 7 is the first version of Windows to fully support multi-touch features. The interface is much more finger-friendly and so are the included touch screen applications, such as Paint. If you own a multitouch LCD monitor, you probably already have Windows 7 running on your computer. But to fully experience the magic of touch, you will want to install some additional touch screen software.
1. Microsoft Touch Pack for Windows 7
Microsoft Touch Pack for Windows 7 is a collection of touch screen games and other touch screen software.
The Touch Pack includes:
- Microsoft Blackboard, a physics puzzle game.
- Microsoft Garden Pond, a tranquil game that takes place in serene Japanese water gardens.
- Microsoft Rebound, use your fingertips to control spheres with an electrical field between them to catapult a metal game ball into your opponent’s goal.
- Microsoft Surface Globe, application allowing you to explore the earth as a flat 2-D map or as a 3-D globe.
- Microsoft Surface Collage, explore and interact with your photos and arrange them as a desktop background.
- Microsoft Surface Lagoon, a screen saver and interactive water simulation, complete with playful, shy fish.
The best FREE touch screen software you can find.
2. Corel Digital Studio 2010
Corel Digital Studio 2010 is a multimedia content organizer. Organize, view and edit photos, videos and music in one place using your fingers. In addition to burning them to DVDs or CDs Corel Digital Studio supprots uploading and sharing to Facebook, Flickr and YouTube.
3. Corel Paint it! touch
MS Paint may give you the feel of fingerpainting. But for the true fingerpainting experience there is Corel Paint it! touch. Perfect for parents, kids and anyone who likes doodling and sketching. Corel Paint it! touch has a wide range of gesture support – move, zoom, flick, rotate, tap, drag and scroll—right on screen, using nothing but your fingertips. It also includes plenty of fun features such as realistic mixer pallete – a movable mixer palette, you can use to mix colors. I also supports different types of artistic media (such as oil, acrylic and spray paint) and various paper textures.
4. WinDVD Pro 2010
WinDVD Pro 2010 is the leading DVD player software for high-quality video playback. With fully enabled Windows 7 touch screen support, you can control playback, scene selections and browse media library
And the winner?
Sadly, selection of good touch screen software is still quite poor. BumpTop is no longer available for download and Asus is making their software only bundled with their computers (read the Touch Gate software review). With the exception of a few giants, like Microsoft and Corel, no major companies seem to be interested in developing touch enabled software for the PC…
Best Deal Ads :
4 Responses to 'Best Touch Screen Software for Windows 7'
Leave a Reply
Blogroll – Cool Sites
- Robert Duran on Touch Screen Applications from Corel
- Jany P on How to Build Your Own Touch Screen Software
- ahmed khan chakarzai99 on How to Build Your Own Touch Screen Software